Watch Date: 2019-01-30.
- This was a better start to the season than the Season 1 pilot, with its Klingons-like-never-before.
- As of now, I’m more for than against emo-baby-Spock, though cognisant that things could go very wrong very fast.
- All in all, I have a good feeling about the season, and feel that it’ll avoid the wild swings of the past one. It seems like the writers have a coherent view of what they’re going to do.
- Ooh, LLAP art in the opening titles!
- I wonder if the tribal myth in Michael’s opening monologue is going to make a comeback.
- And I just realised – I don’t think Discovery uses ‘Captain’s Logs / Personal Logs’ the way previous series have, as an exposition device in every episode.
- The fortune cookie fortune which Pike picks up from Lorca’s old ready room – ‘Not every cage is a prison…’ – is it just a callout to the TOS episode, or foreshadowing something to come?
- I am slightly exasperated at how any new discovery is immensely powerful and bends the laws of physics or biology in whichever way the plot requires.
- Wilson Cruz is in the main credits. Hmmmmm.
- Every season will open with a non-transporter beam excursion, is it? There was the spacewalk in Season 1 and the four pods in this season.
- Tilly is more endearing than exasperating in this season.
- Why don’t the helm and navigator get main credits? Waste.