Watch Date: 2019-02-18
- The avclub review of earlier Discovery episodes had talked about how every time Burnham expects to see Spock, she gets somebody else – first Pike’s new science officer, and then Amanda. Now we get Emperor Georgiou. This is running gag territory now.
- For a change, an episode which closed off all plot threads without opening new ones!
- Michelle Yeoh seems to be having the time of her life being eeeeeevuuuuullll.
- This brings me into conflict with Star Trek fans who’ve watched Deep Space Nine, but I actually like what Section 31 is bringing to the show. It’s nice to have a different sort of antagonist.
- In one episode, we get Dr Culber and Ash Tyler / Voq back on to the Discovery. What a The Gang’s All Here moment.
- I missed Jet Reno though.
- So we now have no further leads on where Spock is. What will the next episode do?