Watch Date: 2019-06-06
Watched On: Downloaded Torrent
- That was really dreadful, in my opinion.
- The things where it did get a little weighty:
- Showing three different ways in which people refused to, or at least didn’t want to die: the Master, the Doctor, and the President of Gallifrey. And coming back to my ongoing curiosity on the theme of death as something to avoid versus death as something to overcome.
- Being clever by having this theme in a Christmas episode; plus bonus Christmas star references.
- That master race joke. Aargh.
- The Master is a large ham and having six billion of him was awful.
- If you don’t know what the High Council of Gallifrey is like, this episode seems totally deus ex machina-ish.
- So we get a retcon to explain why the Master has drumming inside his head and of course it’s a time loop as well.
- How did the Doctor get so selfish?
- So Mickey and Martha get married? Dei.
- All in all that goodbye montage was very Harry Potter epilogue.