Watch Date: 2019-10-07
Watched On: Amazon Prime Video India
- This felt like a navel gazing episode. But a well done navel gazing episode, one that I liked.
- “No, but you are a good Dalek” calls back to Season One’s “You would make a good Dalek” and Season 7’s “Such hatred is beautiful.”
- So it’s not a terribly new idea. This sort of moral quandary will come up whenever you have two antagonists so terribly opposed, clash of Civilisations style. But, as I said, at least it wasn’t a complete copy of earlier explorations.
- This was Fantastic Voyage… in a Dalek!
- The Dalek being able to hear tiny people inside him stretched my credulity.
- Is Missy collecting all the people who have to sacrifice themselves for the Doctor to win? That sounds a bit like the Season 4 “You suck!” speech in the finale, and also the Hellblazer style reckoning where Constantine has to see all the souls who died because of him.
- I hope we get to see more of Danny Pink and that he wasn’t just a prop for the “Do you have something against soldiers?” line.