Watched on: Amazon Prime Video India
Watch Date: 27 November 2019
- I’m delighted that Danny Pink has finally been promoted from prop and gotten character development and a plotline to himself.
- Was the PE teacher bit a call back to Classic Who? Without the context, it just seems like a weird note.
- For a change, my reaction to echoed dialogue was to groan a bit at it being overused; rather than to marvel at its cleverness.
- “You might have to develop a conscience of your own.” Ouch.
- So, I didn’t really think of this until after the episode was over and I started annotating – if the Doctor thinks Adrian looks like the Eleventh Doctor, and that’s why Clara likes him… eek, what vanity. Which is more typical of the Eleventh Doctor than Capaldi.
- An episode from Gareth Roberts that isn’t about a dead author! But he did sneak in some Shakespeare, and Austen. The rant about Austen and Vogons was joyous, though.
- Eleventh Doctor themes both when Danny Pink sees the Tardis, and in the preview for the next episode. Oho.
- Danny Pink reacting deadpan to the Tardis was a bit like Rory.
- The “He wanted to see if I’m good enough for you” line was quite awww.