Watch date: 2020-01-25
Watched on: Amazon Prime Video India
Prime Video summary: London, 1814. The Doctor and Bill investigate disappearances on the frozen river Thames.
- The London frost fair is a real thing.
- And was mentioned in A Good Man Goes to War too, with the Doctor taking Stevie Wonder and River Song there on a date. (Which reminds me of that mildly racist joke about Stevie Wonder.)
- Yet another episode with no real monster – or rather, the worst monster being a human being.
- Terry Pratchett-ish / Douglas Adams-ish approach to Bill going through newspapers and being stunned that nobody noticed the big sea monster.
- The bit about moving on from deaths was wonderfully done. And I don’t know if this is a good comparison to make, but I thought it was a bit like a counter note to Hulk’s ‘That’s my secret, Cap. I’m always angry.’ in Avengers.