Watch Date: 31 March 2020
Watched on: Netflix
Rebecca and Valencia bond when Josh’s sister asks them to be bridesmaids in her wedding. Greg decides it’s time to move on.
- I feel like Greg is kind of inconsistently written. It’s like the writers have a general idea that he’s a fuckup, but every other appearance has him trying to be a bit better. But only a bit. Is that the idea? And is bailing out his dad a bad decision in the minds of the writers, because American individualism yada yada?
- It’s like with Rebecca, the individual episodes still build towards her character development while being complete in themselves, but with Greg it tends to be the climax of every episode, or every new episode tearing down the character development until that point.
- Maybe that’s the writers’ idea of showing that he isn’t developing. But then… inconsistently done, I think.
- At this point, Paula is turning into a monster.
- The “Heavy Boobs” song was a joy.
- Greg’s song contributed to the musing above about whether the writers know what they want to do with Greg, or if they just want to douse him in a ‘negative personality trait of the week’.
- I think this was one of the first times I felt bad for Rebecca instead of cringing at her – she taking the fall for Valencia, and getting booted out of the wedding without an ‘All is forgiven after your sacrifice!’