Watch Date: 5 July 2020
Watched on: Netflix
After making their relationship social-media official, Rebecca takes Josh to her cousin’s bar mitzvah. Darryl struggles with the new office dynamics.
- Something I realised in this episode is that Josh’s vocabulary is pathetically mismatched with Rebecca’s. Subtly done.
- Episode descriptions meant that I knew what was coming, so a whole bunch of foreshadowing was wasted on me.
- Last episode, Nathaniel had put that little seed of doubt into Rebecca about Josh being useless, and this episode Valencia watered it.
- Remember that we Suffered was far better than We’ll never have problems again.
- Nathaniel having father issues in a parallel to Rebecca is a nice setup.
- I got honestly confused about whether Rebecca was speaking to her aunt or her rabbi. Face blindness peaking.
- Rebecca’s poor therapist.